Re: writing for html

Subject: Re: writing for html
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 13:34:00 UTC

>> Causes a lot of extra work for the user in trying to follow his thread
>> in a new manner

Actually, I still have anxiety when researching things in hypertext,
particularly in help systems. I am always afraid that I am missing
something important. Did that last skip hop over something I should have
read? Should I have searched in a different direction? The *chunks* of
information that I read often seem to lack depth. If I still don't resolve
my question, I am very annoyed.

I may also skip important information in a book by not reading it from cover
to cover, but it's familiar. <grin>

Marilynne
m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com