Re: Software comparisons

Subject: Re: Software comparisons
From: Jim Savidge <jsavidge -at- MAVERICK -dot- INTECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 08:22:53 CDT

Pam,

Our company uses Ami Pro as our standard and I for one like it. Some
others in the company don't.

The problem of adjusting the spacing between paragraphs has come up for me
since I am converting documents into Adobe Acrobat files. To keep the
pagination of the original document intact, I have to adjust font size and
spacing between paragraphs when I switch from an HP printer driver to
either the postscript of PDFWriter driver for output. I found that
highlighting the return between paragraphs and changing its font size works
great.

The negative feedback we have gotten has been from users that do not need
the power of a word processing program. All they need is a simple text
editor for memos or short, five or six page, internal documents. For what
we do in Tech Pubs, Ami Pro was a good choice and SURPRISE, SURPRISE, the
rest of the company was forced to follow us because we made our choice
first. Now that is another story in itself.

Jim Savidge, ext: 8381
jsavidge -at- intecom -dot- com
Original Text