Re: help -- PageM, FrameM, and the Web

Subject: Re: help -- PageM, FrameM, and the Web
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 12:18:26 -0600

On Sun, 24 Sep 1995, Matt Ion wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 1995 21:52:09 -0400 you wrote:

> Indeed, since, as I recall, Frame now has an integral HTML function (someone
> wanna confirm that? I don't have a copy myself)... PM does not, and even with
> Word, it's merely an add-on.

Not so. PageMaker6 has an HTML export addition. It works, sort of.
Unfortunately, PM6 *still* does not do character/word level styles, so
you have to do a lot of post-export tagging on the HTML files. (Styles
are mapped to HTML tags -- no word-level styles, no word-level tagging.)
Frame has long had character styles, so it's export utility should have
an edge. We have not yet received Frame5, so I can't comment on how well
it actually handles the export task.

-Matt Hicks

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.