Re: Anon and other list restrictions

Subject: Re: Anon and other list restrictions
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 09:24:23 +0800

> What would you do if you were presented with a work situation that might be
> unethical, irrational, or illegal? I would do a sanity check before acting,
> but I have a network of colleagues; what if you were the only technical
> writer at a company?

I'd send mail privately to someone on the list I respect, and ask them if
they'd mind posting my message from their account.

It would be the classic "My friend has this embarrassing problem..."
message. I can't imagine ever needing to, but if I really had to,
that's how I'd do it.

> I think it's entirely possible that there are people reading this
> list who don't have someone they could telephone or meet for lunch...

...or sticky-tape an "X" on the window and wait for Deep Throat to call...

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au Voice: +61 9 328 8288

I believe in love, hope, truth, joy, wonder, freedom, diversity...
note that these are not necessarily the opinions of my employer