Re: E-mail / social skills

Subject: Re: E-mail / social skills
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 19:01:07 -0700

Arlen P. Walker said:
> And its worst quality is that it fails to open any doors, either. To
> lapse into psycho-babble, since E-mail contact keeps your identity
> information from your correspondant, it not only keeps you from
> being categorized as "them," but fails to supply enough information
> to categorize you as "us."

I strongly disagree. I've gotten interviews and jobs through my
postings on Techwr-L, and I've developed and maintained romances via
e-mail. I've made a *lot* of friends over the Internet.

So you may not have enough information to trust me, Arlen, but other
people seem to!

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com