Re: E-mail / social skills

Subject: Re: E-mail / social skills
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 20:44:00 -0500

Arlen,

(English translation, while they don't get enough of a picture of you
to distrust you on
sight, they don't get enough to trust you, either.)

It's that disconnectedness which accounts for most of the problems with
E-Mail.

My experience is that, while it's true that we don't get an instant trust
from e-mail, it can and does over time if we let it. I have many close
friends that I met first through e-mail. I'm a basically mistrustful person
in some ways, but still eventually got to know enough about these folks to
be comfortable in inviting them into my home. (Not many people get *that*
invitation -- and not entirely because of my (lack of) housekeeping skills.)
<grin>

Misti
ncr02!mdelaney -at- attmail -dot- com

All That pulses is not a motherboard!