Re[2]: STC Membership

Subject: Re[2]: STC Membership
From: Kent Drummond <Kent_Drummond -at- CCMAIL -dot- BMC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 07:19:45 CST

FWIW: I've been a member of STC for several years and my contributions
have been small, like writing book reviews for our newsletter. There is a great
deal of camaraderie among our chapter members and we share information and
network a lot. Lots of our members find jobs through our membership chairperson.
We keep current with the ongoing technology. The annual Region V conference that
was held last week gave members from several states an opportunity to share
their experiences and the technology they were using. The conference covered
topics about creating online documents including help files and hypertext for
the web sites. We got information about marketing yourself and a new business
you might want to start. Best of all we got to talk a lot and share our
experiences and ideas.

I like meeting and talking with people, building relationships, and enjoying
people just like God intended us to do. Sometimes we can share information that
others need or we receive information from someone. The STC will give you a lot
more than the cost of membership (The STC Journal you receive is worth that
much).

Kent
All opinions are my own and not those of my relatives, my alumni, or my
employer.

I'm interested, too. Could you post to the list in general?

Bobby Collins
University of Arkansas @ Little Rock