Re[2]: STC Membership

Subject: Re[2]: STC Membership
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 13:13:00 +0200

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Kent Drummond an All am 02.10.95

KD> From: Kent Drummond <Kent_Drummond -at- ccmail -dot- bmc -dot- com>

KD> FWIW: I've been a member of STC for several years and
KD> my contributions
KD> have been small, like writing book reviews for our newsletter.

I'm no STC member, but quite active in our German society (tekom). I would be
very glad to get offers like these from time to time.

KD> There is a great
KD> deal of camaraderie among our chapter members and we share
KD> information and network a lot.

I've done jobs for much more than $100,000 I got through channels like these.

KD> Lots of our members find jobs through our
KD> membership chairperson.

Our market isn't so big. So placing an ad is simply out of question for many:
Their employer could easily find out that they wish to change the job (that
might be more of a problem over here).

KD> Best of all we got to talk a lot and
KD> share our experiences and ideas.

That's why I am nearly always among the last to leave a tekom meeting :-)

KD> I like meeting and talking with people, building relationships,
KD> and enjoying people just like God intended us to do.

You can do that much more freely if you need not see that face every day.

A friend of mine tried to send a message to this thread througgh my BBS, but
he could not come through from the newsgroup side (I hope I have managed to
come around that problem): He lives in Germany (i.e. has no regional STC
chapter), is active in tekom and thinks his STC membership is well worth its
money.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander