ISO 9000 for software development process

Subject: ISO 9000 for software development process
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 08:59:05 -0700

>Does anyone have experience with documenting their software development
>process for ISO 9000 certification. Documenting a manufacturing process
>makes some sense but how do you document and track software development.
>Thanks for the info.

>Bill H

You will use ISO 9000-3 for software development.
See STC Technical Communications, 2nd Q 1993 for a
good introduction to ISO. (Page 234)

I best resource I know for help is the National ISO 9000
Support Group. For $150 a year you receive audio tapes,
BBS & Fax back help, newsletter, how to write ISO docs,
information on future ISO releases, etc. Their number is
616/891-9114.

You will find that the 20 requirements of ISO 9001 apply
well to software development.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- sun -dot- com