FW: Getting customer reactions

Subject: FW: Getting customer reactions
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 16:11:00 -0500

----------
From: tara
To: internet!attmail!ucs01!mdelaney
Date: Friday, October 06, 1995 1:25PM

Hi, Misti.

> Hasn't CText sent Traci out once or twice?

Well, yes and no. Traci's gone out to observe training, and to *help* with
training a couple of times. Also, Scott's gone to customer sites twice to
just watch how they use and/or install the system. And I'm trying to make
arrangements for some of my other folk to do so.

It is useful, it's just not easy to arrange. And it's not the same as true
"usability" testing. I've also been trying to arrange that; take a small
group of users, just give them the manuals to learn from, and have a writer
standing by to see how well it works. But so far, none of our customers
have agreed to it; the closest I've been able to come is doing the same
thing with new CText personnel. This helps, but isn't ideal.

If you think this will help anyone, feel free to pass it along.

- Tara.