More Cross-Platform Issues

Subject: More Cross-Platform Issues
From: "Alciere, John" <jalciere -at- LTNPO1 -dot- XYPLEX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 10:42:00 EST

In addition to being able to read Help text that's been ported to a UNIX
platform, I'd be interested to know of any products that enable UNIX
developers to create context-specific links to a Help file. Simply having
access to an online version of the User's Guide isn't always enough. To be
truly user-friendly, a UNIX-based application should enable a user to press
a function key or enter a key sequence to bring up Help text that
specifically pertains to the current window.

Help files created with Doc-to-Help and RoboHelp provide Windows developers
with this capability. Do any products do the same for UNIX developers?

Note: I'm particularly interested in the Sun OS/Solaris and HP/UNIX
platforms.

Thanks in advance!