Preferred Font for Online Documents

Subject: Preferred Font for Online Documents
From: "Alciere, John" <jalciere -at- LTNPO1 -dot- XYPLEX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 13:48:00 EST

The majority of the documents that my group produces use New Century
Schoolbook font for body text. New Century looks good when printed but,
being a serif font, does not look so good when viewed online through Adobe
Acrobat.

As an experiment, I changed to a sans-serif font, Arial (essentially
identical to Helvetica). Contrary to my expectations, Arial looked even
worse than New Century when viewed online.

I would appreciate any recommendations for fonts that are easy on the eye
when viewed online. At this point, I no longer have any preconceived
notions about sans-serif fonts being preferable to serif!

Thanks in advance.

John Alciere
Xyplex, Inc.
Littleton, MA

jmalciere -at- eng -dot- xyplex -dot- com