Amsterdam - Senior Technical Editor wanted

Subject: Amsterdam - Senior Technical Editor wanted
From: Alan McGrane <McGrane -dot- Alan -at- UNIFACE -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 18:05:29 +0100

Compuware Europe B.V. is a well-established international software company
that provides leading edge technology to global information markets. Due
to the success of our 4GL product, UNIFACE we are continuously expanding
our organization. Because of this our Documentation Services department
is looking for a:

SENIOR TECHNICAL EDITOR

Responsibilities:

Coordinating the documentation production cycle.

Allocating and supervising the editing resources.

Measuring and improving documentation quality.

Editing the technical documentation according to the department's
standards and guidelines which includes the following tasks:
- checking consistency and correct use of terminology and written
English.
- checking graphics for correct use and layout.
- making recommendations for improvements when necessary.
- performing on-line editing.

Preparation of material for production and localization.

Profile:

Native English speaker with a solid knowledge of English grammar.
Several years editing and publishing experience, preferably in an IT
environment.
Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Experience with UNIX.
Experience with DTP, preferably FrameMaker.
Flexible attitude and capable of working under pressure and meeting
deadlines.
Works well in a team but can also work independently.
Based in The Netherlands or willing to move there at short notice.

If you would like more information contact Alan Mc Grane (+31 20 311 6254)
(e-mail: mcgrane -dot- alan -at- uniface -dot- nl) or send your details to the Secretariat
Technology, Compuware Europe B.V., PO Box 12933, 1100 AX Amsterdam, The
Netherlands.