Was "Cross references in Word ..."

Subject: Was "Cross references in Word ..."
From: Geoff Bradbury <bradg -at- INTEXT -dot- CPSG -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 08:40:07 +1000

At 09:33 9/10/95 PDT, you wrote:
>Only for smallish, simple documents at all, and not reliably. Word just
>doesn't have the power for serious, large documents; e.g., I have a couple
>of 100-odd page document with moderately complex formatting, several figures,
> and about 25 tables--Word will not even open the master documents.

>John -dot- Renish -at- conner -dot- com
>My statements are my own and do not represent Conner Peripherals, Inc.
>-------------
>Original Text
>>From Chuck Pagani <chuckp -at- ILLUSTRA -dot- COM>, on 10/9/95 8:45 AM:
>This isn't strictly true. You can combine documents under a master document
>and do all those things. Check chapter 24 of the Word 6 User's Guide.
>CP
>At 11:59 AM 10/6/95 -0400, you wrote:
>>Word does not handle cross references among multiple documents. Nor does
>>it handle table of contents, and automatic indices among multiple
>>documents. Does anyone know of any tools/macros that have been written
>>to handle this?
At 8:30 10/10/95, I wrote:

Beg to differ John. I've written large publications (>200pp) using Word 2.0
& DocToHelp. These publications include tables, complex formatting, and
sizable graphics. All done using master documents and RD fields to access
the chapters/appendices.

What version of Word are u using? I won't touch Word 6 with a barge pole:
too unreliable.
Geoff Bradbury - Technical Writer for InTEXT Systems
"Makers of extraordinarily fine text storage and retrieval software"

PO Box 310, Deakin West, ACT 2600, Australia
+61 6 283 6804 (voice) +61 6 285 4316 (fax)

My writings reflect my views: not those of InTEXT Systems

- Douglas Adams