Re: Lefties and Mice

Subject: Re: Lefties and Mice
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 11:07:17 PDT

>Other lefties apparently use the mouse with their right hand, or use a
>"conventional" mouse and reverse the buttons. A couple of lefties in my
>office said they never gave a thought to using the mouse with their left
>hand until I brought it up.

There's no reason for a lefty to use the mouse with his left hand unless
the right hand is too clumsy to be trusted with ANYTHING. The QWERTY
keyboard over-uses the left hand, so burdening the left hand with both
the mouse and the majority of the keyboarding makes life pretty grim.

I'm left-handed, and I find it much more comfortable to use the mouse
with the right hand.

The only people I've seen using the mouse with the left hand are people
with repetitive strain injuries who are giving their right hands a rest.

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon * High-Tech Technical Writing
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (503) 453-5841