Re: MS Word & BMP's

Subject: Re: MS Word & BMP's
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 08:19:34 PDT

Tamara Peters asks:

>To Robert: have you tried Word 7/Win95 yet? I am curious if it is any
>better for you.

No -- my somewhat obsolete (but fast) graphics card has no Win95 driver,
and Microsoft did not deliver Win95 with backwards compatibility to
older drivers, like they promised.

Anyway, once burned, twice cautious. Word is a low-end product, and
will always be a low-end product. I'm paid for high productivity,
so I use high-end products (Interleaf, mostly. I'll use the mid-range
product, Frame, if the client insists. So far, I've managed to avoid
using low-end products like Word, or inappropriate products like Quark
and PageMaker. Too slow, too much hand-work, too buggy.)

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon * High-Tech Technical Writing
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (503) 453-5841