Re: MS Word & BMP's

Subject: Re: MS Word & BMP's
From: Gretchen Toth <glt -at- ICONOVEX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 07:09:20 -0500

>What's the best way of incorporating the .bmp's that won't bog down the
>system? Also managed to lock up my 75 Mhz Pentium here at home today when I
>wanted a print preview after making what I THINK are th final tweaks.

WexTech has a product called Quicture that 'offloads' graphics files to
a separate folder. 'Quicture...offload[s] your document's pictures
into separate compressed files and replace[s] the pictures with
descriptive, smart placeholders, called Quicture Frames.' If you want
to view the picture, instead of the Frames, you can toggle all the
Frames to Quictures-- a Quicture being 'a smart picture...that looks
like the original...but that already knows that there is an offloaded
version of itself'.

There are a few quirks with the program, but for the most part I have
had no problems with using it with my paper document or when compiling
my help with D2Help. I believe my file size was cut by 1/3 to 1/2.

I do not know if Quicture handles any graphics aside from .wmf and .bmp.

:-)

Gretchen L. Toth
Technical Writer
The Iconovex Corporation
gretchen -dot- toth -at- iconovex -dot- com