Cross-platform issues

Subject: Cross-platform issues
From: Gretchen Toth <glt -at- ICONOVEX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 09:27:40 -0500

Those of you also subscribing to the Winhelp list are
getting a double-whammy. :-)

We are moving some of our applications to other
platforms. This isn't a problem with paper documentation,
but is for our online documentation.

Recommendations so far have included third-party tools,
like:

Unix
-----
HyperHelp

Mac
-----
Ehelp?
QuickHelp
(We have Apple Guide)

Anyone aware of conversion tools I haven't mentioned?
Could I use FrameMaker and FrameViewer for Unix
somehow? Forehelp for Unix?

Our engineers are using a development package that can take
Windows applications and port them to many other platforms.
This package will include a help engine in its next release,
which I am assuming will allow me to take our Windows HELP
over to other platforms.

Anyone using a help engine included with the cross-development
software used to produce the software they document?