Distributing Wingdings characters to customers

Subject: Distributing Wingdings characters to customers
From: Maria Hunt <huntma -at- LIMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 11:25:05 PDT

We want to use two Wingdings symbols in our software. We can't guarantee
that our customers will have the Wingdings font (and we can't require them
to buy it). So, we'd like to take the symbols and insert them into our own
font using FontMonger. This will guarantee that customers can see the
symbols when they use our software.

Our customers for the most part won't realize that the symbols are in the
font, so we doubt the symbols would be used for any other purpose.

Does anyone know if this is a legitimate thing to do or would we be breaking
some copyright laws? You can post your responses to me directly.

Thank you.
Maria Picollelli Hunt Laboratory MicroSystems, Inc
huntma -at- lims -dot- com (518) 274-1990 ext.174
My views do not necessarily reflect those of Laboratory MicroSystems.