Conventions for denoting typed commands, etc., in docs?

Subject: Conventions for denoting typed commands, etc., in docs?
From: Traci Eyer <teyer -at- HOLLY -dot- COLOSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 15:29:57 -0600

Hello! I've lurked for months and I've finally come up against something
I could use some help on. (Yes, I'm a student, one of those
non-traditional undergrads, too.)

I'm writing my first piece of simple computer documentation, and I got to
thinking that there must be some fairly conventional ways to denote a
typed command or a button or a screen title, etc., in documentation, but
using bold letters, or all caps, or italics.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!
Traci Eyer
teyer -at- holly -dot- colostate -dot- edu