Re: TRADEMARKS

Subject: Re: TRADEMARKS
From: karen randolph <karen_randolph -at- HILLSPET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 08:46:37 CST

10/23/95 K Watkins <KWATKINS -at- QUICKPEN -dot- COM writes:
<How necessary do you consider it to acknowledge each trademark which
appears in your publications? What legal and ethical issues do you
see on this question? I have seen many different approaches: ...>

There was an article in STC's publication "Intercom" VOL.42,NO.7,
Sept. 1995 (p12) titled "Using and Abusing Trademarks." The author,
Judy Petersen, suggested some guidelines for usage and who to contact
for more info.

The US Trademark Assoc has a free trademark hotline you can call to
check spelling and usage of specific trademarks. (212) 986-5880.

I use a generic term whenever I can, but when I have to identify a
specific product (which has a trademark, such as specific software
packages), I always use the name with trademark as it appears in the
company's own documentation. (Just to CMA)

Anyone else?

Karen Randolph
PSI (Professionals' Software, Inc.)