anyone know where to find the specs for RTF?

Subject: anyone know where to find the specs for RTF?
From: Susan Fowler <sfowler -at- EJV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 13:50:24 EDT

Dear Techwhirlers:

I need to turn an SGML file with only three tags into an RTF file readable by a
Windowss help editor, for no money (i.e., no buying of outside packages).

SGML and RTF are both ASCII files. It should be easy enough to do a global
search and replace on the markup codes. However, it's not immediately apparent
to me what the RTF codes do. Is this information available publicly on the
Internet somewhere? Off the Internet somewhere?

Please respond directly to me (I see daily or twice-weekly digests rather than
individual messages). I will be happy to summarize for the list.

Thanks for your help.

Susan Fowler
sfowler -at- ejv -dot- com