Re: PageMaker? what to do.

Subject: Re: PageMaker? what to do.
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 00:34:06 GMT

To: TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU

-> I find it really annoying that some clients insist on Quark or Frame as
-> well (I have Quark but not Frame nor have I ever used it). But that's the
-> breaks in freelancing. It's easy to get around the "we only use Word 6.0 so

Brilliant client. That's like calling Dominos and saying "I want a pizza
delivered, but only if you deliver it in a Chevy, I don't want it if
you deliver it in a Ford or a Datsun". I would expect other problems
from a client so misinformed.

-> document from scratch in Pagemaker is a huge pain in the ass. Why do people
-> think it's a bloody word processor?

Used to write everything in Word and import it into Pagemaker. Soon
realized that with only a few minor exceptions of interest only to
typographers, that I could save a step and not use Pagemaker, since Word
did a better job of printing, automation (a real macro language as
opposed to the nearly-useless script language in PM5), consistency and
maintainability. It's saved me huge amounts of time.

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
http://www.mustang.com ftp://ftp.mustang.com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500