Re: BOSTON SOCIETY, ETC.

Subject: Re: BOSTON SOCIETY, ETC.
From: Glenda Jeffrey <jeffrey -at- HKS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 13:56:18 GMT

Crow101156 -at- aol -dot- com wrote:
: Also, I'm trying to find out the Web site for Boston chapter of STC.

It's http://world.std.com/~Richard/stchome.htm

: Is
: anyone out
: there a member of Boston's chapter? Would you recommend me joining? What
: are the benefits?

Well, assuming you live near Boston, the main benefits are the meetings.
They generally have one meeting per month, usually on a highly relevant
topic. There are also several Special Interest Groups on topics like
the Internet, International Writing, being the sole writer in a company,
etc.

You can attend many of these meetings without being a member -- but
if you are a member, you'll get notification of upcoming meetings more
easily. I also don't think it's too good to freeload for _too_ long ;-)

There's also the newsletter -- called the Broadside. Having only received
one copy so far, I can't really comment on its usefulness.
--
Glenda Jeffrey Email: jeffrey -at- hks -dot- com
Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc Phone: 401-727-4200