Re: Developing basic writing courses for a company

Subject: Re: Developing basic writing courses for a company
From: "Mark W. McBride, President" <spcsinc -at- INTERSURF -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 16:59:20 GMT

Did you hear the news? On 27 Oct 1995 13:41:02 -0500, our ether buddy
Julie Deutz <Julie_Deutz -dot- GPS -at- gps -dot- com> spaketh thusly:

:)I'm a senior editor at a mid-sized accounting software company. I'm planning
:)develop a basic writing course for everyone in the company-- from
:)administrative types to salespeople to software engineers and support
:)personnel. My goal is to teach employees to write documentation, letters,
:)e-mails, instructions and policies quickly, clearly and concisely. I want to
:)develop and teach this course because I strongly believe that our company
could
:)save a lot of time if people said what they meant. I want the training (2-4
:)hours) to include many interactive lessons.

Hi Julie!

If you're at all concerned with readability, flow, sentence rythmn and
word cadence, might I suggest you drop over to our web site and take a
look at the information for Corporate Voice(tm) and Readability(tm)
Plus?

Both are writing aids that are unique in their analysis of copy; the
shareware version of R+ can be downloaded from the site. They don't
check grammar at all; and grammars checkers don't analyze writing style
the way either of these programs do.

The URL address is in my sig.

Best, Mac
|SCANDINAVIAN PC SYSTEMS, INC "Not high tech, |
| Baton Rouge, La = 504-338-9580 not low tech, just |
| 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Central M-F the *right* tech!" (R)|
|SPCS, Inc. is a Vietnam-era veteran operated small business. Est. 1985|
|WWW: http://www.intersurf.com/~spcsinc/ | E-Mail: spcsinc -at- intersurf -dot- com|
| Snail mail to: SPCS, Inc., P.O. Box 3156, Baton Rouge LA 70821-3156 |
| Publishers of: John C. Dvorak's PC Crash Course and Survival Guide(tm)|
| SPCS' PC Crash Course and Survival Guide (tm) for Windows |
|Computer-based writing aids: Readability(tm) Plus & Corporate Voice(tm)|
| SPCS PrimaBase(R) - Windows RDBMS uniquely offering barcode support! |

NOTE: Demo disks on several of our products are available for download at our
web site. If you attempt to get to our web site and are unable to access our
pages, please let us know by return e-mail ASAP so that we may correct the
problem. Thank you for your interest and assistance!