Readability Measurement

Subject: Readability Measurement
From: Jerry Blackerby <exujbl -at- EXU -dot- ERICSSON -dot- SE>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 19:01:56 GMT

What is the latest or current research on Readability Measurement?

Many areas require that we write to the 9th Grade level or to some
specific level ... what is used to measure this?

Gunning's Fog Index was fine in the past, but I do not believe it
is accurate today. I am not knocking Robert Gunning, just stating
that I think we need a new method of measuring readability.

Jerry