Re[2]: The Microsoft Style Guide

Subject: Re[2]: The Microsoft Style Guide
From: Joe Williams <jwilliams -at- SAMS -dot- MCP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 11:31:15 -0500

Umm...It was a joke.

I edit books about "alternative systems" for a living.

Do all tech writers take things so literally?

Subject: Re: The Microsoft Style Guide
Author: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM> at Internet
Date: 11/1/95 2:16 PM

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> And of course, like Windows, it will effectively obliterate
> alternative systems.

Ummm.. I think you need to review some computer industry journals. Do you
have any idea how many corporations use the IBM OS/2 platform, to handle
their entire systms? I think you will readily find, that Windoze ahs ted
everyone else, but MS certainly hasn't obliterated alternative systems. How
many of the internet provider systems are running UNIX and how many Win NT?
If you do a quick survey, you'll find that UNIX reigns supreme. And this is
comment from a Win95 user. If you want more specific numbers to verify my
comments, I do believe Matt can give you some specifics.

Stui