Re: My use of profanity

Subject: Re: My use of profanity
From: LeeAnn Smith <spillman!lsmith -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 14:17:20 -0700

Regarding the use of profanity, I have one question to whomever started
this:

What if you turn off somebody that you needed to reach with your message
because of your inadequate command of the English language? Have you
accomplished your purpose if your message is rejected? Or worse, have
you left a question in your reader's mind as to your competency in
conveying ideas in an acceptable manner or in your ability to control
your temper?

In answer to the individual who suggests paying more attention to abuse,
etc., where does abuse begin? Isn't vulgar language, especially the kind
getting thrown around as examples by those who are culturally deprived,
an abuse and insult to people's minds?

Just something to think about.
--
LeeAnn Smith