Recent experiences w/ documentation

Subject: Recent experiences w/ documentation
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 22:27:41 -0800

I just upgraded my computer--added a new processor and a SCSI drive
(which necessitated installing a SCSI card). The drive is a Quantum
drive, and came w/ no documentation (a friend won it in a contest and
sent it to me, so they may usually come w/ documentation; this one
didn't, though). Quantum's Web page, however, includes a diagram of the
drive, and a listing of jumper settings. This is MUCH better than
putting it on a slip of paper that could be easily lost! I think this
is a great use of the Web.

The SCSI card I bought is an Adaptec card. The jumpers are marked on
the back of the card, which is nice. (I guess most newer cards are
that way.) The manuals are also EXTREMELY clearly written. I was very
pleased that I could follow them and do everything I had to do without
a problem. I'm not really a geek--I have a general idea of how things
work. But I can follow directions. And these directions were
excellent. So if anyone on here is responsible for the Adaptec 1540C
manuals, thank you!

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com