Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 5 Nov 1995 to 6 Nov 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 5 Nov 1995 to 6 Nov 1995
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 19:29:49 PST

>I'm writing a page of corrections to a manual. What do you usually
>call such pages? Someone suggested "errata". Someone else thought
>Latin will only confuse our international readers. Any suggestions?

If you can't use latinate word, you can't use "index" or "appendix,"
either. "Errata" is in any halfway decent English-language dictionary;
where's the beef?

Even semi-illiterate readers will discover what an errata sheet is
by themselves, through the example you provide.

-- Robert

Robert Plamondon * High-Tech Technical Writing
36475 Norton Creek Road * Blodgett * Oregon * 97326
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (503) 453-5841
"I regret that I have but one * for my country." -- Nathan Hale

Previous by Author: Re: Incorporated Independent Contractors?
Next by Author: Re: Trademarks
Previous by Thread: question about user protocols
Next by Thread: Recent experiences w/ documentation

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads