STC Meeting, ISO 9000 (Tucson, AZ)

Subject: STC Meeting, ISO 9000 (Tucson, AZ)
From: "Nancy S. Burns" <burns -at- NOAO -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 08:48:21 -0700

Join us in Tucson for an STC (Society for Technical Communication) meeting
about ISO 9000 on Wednesday, Nov. 15.

ISO 9000 standards were developed by the International Organization of
Standardization as a uniform standard for quality that could be adopted by
any country for conducting business in Europe. Competitive pressures have
pushed many companies in the U.S. to become certified.

Paul Burck, a certified lead assessor, will talk about the technical
writer's role in achieving ISO 9000 compliance in the workplace, answer
questions about how you can help your company pass the ISO audit, and give
examples of documentation that meet ISO 9000 standards.

Networking, 5:30 p.m.
Dinner, 6:00 p.m.
Program, 7:00 p.m.

Best Western Inn at the Airport
7060 S. Tucson Blvd. (near entrance to Tucson Int'l airport)
Tucson, Arizona

Buffet dinner, $17.50 includes dinner, tax, and tips
Program only, $5.00

RSVP: Norma Roberts, (520) 799-7050 or Bill Rost, (520) 327-3561 by Monday,
Nov. 13. (No shows will be billed).

Directions: From Phoenix, take I-10 south to Tucson to I-19. Exit at
Valencia and follow airport signs east. Turn south onto Tucson Boulevard.
The Best Western Inn is on your right (west side), near the entrance to the
Tucson Int'l airport.

STC-Tucson is part of the Phoenix Chapter of STC. For information on
chapter activities in Phoenix, call the chapter hotline: (602) 553-4321.
For information on chapter activities in Tucson, call Debbie Crawford,
(520) 544-8816.

Nancy Burns
STC-Tucson
nburns -at- noao -dot- edu