Re: Expletives et. al.

Subject: Re: Expletives et. al.
From: Bill Matthews <BMatt345 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 21:38:38 -0500

In a message dated 95-11-10 19:06:38 EST, Mike -dot- Starr -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM
(Starr, Mike) writes:

>I say if you're going to use the word, use the word, not some feeble
>contrivance meant to get you off the hook of having used profanity.

YES! This is the old question of the difference between the actual word and
the inference of the meaning of a word. I am with you Mike. Use the word if
that's what you want to say in your writng. If you use a *f--k* then you
probably could have used another word altogether. This has nothing to do
with inhibitions or a blue-collar rearing, it has to do with what you want
the audience to retrieve from your writing.

Billy Matthews Jr.
Anchor and Bridge Inc.