Re: How much RAM?

Subject: Re: How much RAM?
From: David Dvorkin <ddvorki -at- LOOKOUT -dot- ECTE -dot- USWC -dot- USWEST -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 16:21:16 MST

Judy Crespi wrote:

> I have a quick hardware question. I currently have 4 meg of RAM in my
> computer and this is no longer enough for the programs I want to run. I
> am going to get at least 4 more meg but I was wondering if it is worth
> the money to get 8 more.

Judy, you ought to go ahead and get the full 8 meg RAM added. For example,
FrameMaker requires a minimum of 8 meg, but in my experience, it really
needs more. I'd probably go so far as to say that you can never have too
much RAM.

I've just bought a RAM doubler (occasionally a tripler, it claims on the
box) but have not yet installed it and so don't know if it will improve
the performance of Frame on my PC.

David Dvorkin