Re: How much RAM?

Subject: Re: How much RAM?
From: "Cheverie, Paul [Cont]" <paul -dot- cheverie -at- GPO -dot- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 19:12:00 EST

Judy,
If you're going to add an extra 8 meg, go for another 4 and give
yourself a total of 16 meg. It may be expensive, but it i defeinitely worth
it. 8 Meg will run most of the basic programs today, but some of the higher
end publishers, graphics packages and word processors run a whole lot
smoother and quicker with 16 meg of ram available. If you're running Windows
95 it is a definite must if your going to use it for work.
Best of Luck
Paul C.
paul -dot- cheverie -at- gpo -dot- canada -dot- cdev -dot- com
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: How much RAM?
Date: Friday, November 17, 1995 4:58PM

I have a quick hardware question. I currently have 4 meg of RAM in my
computer and this is no longer enough for the programs I want to run. I
am going to get at least 4 more meg but I was wondering if it is worth
the money to get 8 more.
I am currently using windows for workgroups but I am considering getting
Win(% (althought that's a different topic). I also want to be able to
run desktop publishing programs on my computer. How much RAM do most of
these require and would more make my computer run significantly smoother?
Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Judy Crespi