Re: Faked message

Subject: Re: Faked message
From: Bas Andeweg <bas -dot- andeweg -at- WTM -dot- TUDELFT -dot- NL>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 16:14:39 +0100

There is some interesting information on this topic [how to mail
anonymously and how to insure some privacy] to find at:
http://www.stack.urc.tue.nl/~galactus/remailers/

> It's extremely simple to send fake e-mail--the Internet e-mail system is far
> from unbeatable. However, I should warn anyone who tries it that it's still
> possible to trace faked e-mail.

> There's no easy way around the problem. The truly paranoid, however, can send
> all of their messages with a digital signature attached; if any messages
> arrive without a digital signature people can assume that the message is not
> genuine. You can create digital signatures using PGP. If you have Windows, I'd
> suggest you use PGP along with WinPGP. For more info you might want to see my
> _PGP Companion for Windows_ (Ventana).

Bas

| Bas -dot- Andeweg -at- wtm -dot- tudelft -dot- nl |
| URL:http://www.wtm.tudelft.nl/namen/B.A.Andeweg/home.html |
| Delft University of Technology | Phone ... 31 15 2781559 |
| The Netherlands | Fax ... 31 15 2787105 |