Job opportunity in The Netherlands

Subject: Job opportunity in The Netherlands
From: Pete Andrews <Andrews -dot- Pete -at- UNIFACE -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 16:48:05 +0100

Compuware Europe B.V. is a well-established, international manufacturer of
sophisticated software products, providing leading-edge technology to global
information markets. Due to the success of our 4GL application-development
product, UNIFACE, we are continuously expanding our organization. As part of
this expansion process, we are interested in interviewing experienced technical
writers who are interested in joining the Workbenches User Documentation (WUD)
team, and who meet the following criteria:

Position:
========

Technical Author, working in a close-knit team to develop UNIFACE user
documentation at Compuware Europe's office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

The ideal candidate has technical-writing experience and either a degree
in computer science or similar relevant experience.

DP experience:
=============

The ideal candidate has practical experience of:

Unix and MS-DOS
MS-Windows or OS/2
User interface design
UNIFACE Six, or other 4GL applications
Mainframe or client/server environments (preferably both).

Writing experience:
==================

The ideal candidate has:

- At least three years' proven technical writing (or a combination of
technical writing and technical editing), either as a part of or
following relevant industrial experience.

- Technical writing or editing qualifications (certificates required).

- An awareness of the concepts of technical writing and indexing,
including book design, information content and layout, writing style,
and presentation techniques.

- Demonstratable knowledge of English grammar and writing constructs.

- Knowledge of at least one state-of-the-art desktop publishing system,
preferably FrameMaker (version 4.0 or 5.0). Practical knowledge of
Interleaf, BookMaster or MS-Word are acceptable.

Personal qualities:
==================

The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and able to:

- Work independently and as part of a dynamic, multinational team of
young writers, editors, and software developers.

- Assess, prioritize, plan and manage their own work efficiently to
meet deadlines.

- Communicate clearly, accurately, and consistently. (Native English
speakers preferred.)

- Take pride in their own, and the team's, work.

- Learn new techniques, share knowledge, and motivate others.

- Criticize constructively, and take criticism.

To apply:
========

If you meet the criteria and think you can contribute something to the
WUD team, please send your application and resume to:

Compuware Europe B.V.
att. Human Resources
Post Box 12933
1100 AX Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Fax : (+31) (0)20 - 311 6131
E-mail : mhairi_macsween -at- compuware -dot- com

If you are interested in other positions within Compuware, please contact
Sonja Bloemers, Human Resources Officer on: (+31) (0)20 - 311 6376 or send
E-mail to: sonja_bloemers -at- compuware -dot- com -dot-