SMEs and documentation support

Subject: SMEs and documentation support
From: Heli Roosild <HeliR -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 16:07:00 PST

Folks,

I've been asked by our new VP of Development to estimate the amount of time
his programmers/subject matter experts (SMEs) need to spend on helping us
with documentation (providing initial input, reviewing drafts, etc.).

Given such a golden opportunity, I would love to reply with statistics and
studies showing, for example, a ratio of development time to documentation
support time or something similar. Have any of you seen or heard of such a
thing?

Any help or advice you can give will be appreciated!

--Heli
Heli L. Roosild
helir -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com