Re: Finding a new job

Subject: Re: Finding a new job
From: Sharon Rosenthal/MANUGISTICS <Sharon_Rosenthal -at- MANU -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 10:17:52 -0500

I agree with most of the job hunting points made by Doug. I have a few of my
own observations.

If you send a resume, and follow up with a call to the company, be prepared to
hear that they have a huge stack of resumes and will not take the time to hunt
through the pile to make sure they received yours. This has happened to me
many times. They also may not take the time to answer questions about the
job. You may just have to go the interview to find out. (This doesn't mean
you shouldn't try.)

Definitely send a thank you letter. One company I worked for used that to
eliminate candidates.

Good luck.

TTFN
Sharon Rosenthal