Re: We don't "learn" language!

Subject: Re: We don't "learn" language!
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:31:23 IST

we don't teach our children how to speak. I am continually amazed
at the ability of my 2 1/2 yr son to form sentences ( - Caryn Rizell)

** Yes, then at age 12 or so, especially if you remain monolingual,
that intuitive Berlitz elf of the brain pulls down the shutters,
goes off on vacation, and never comes back again. From
then on, if you want to speak another language correctly,
it's pretty much grammatical analysis or nothing.

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| You can't judge right by looking at the wrong. - Willie Dixon ||