Re: Electronic Review

Subject: Re: Electronic Review
From: Sue Ellen Adkins <sea -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 15:22:56 -0800

Tom Kolano wrote:
> Clearly, there are advantages to eliminating paper in such a
> process.
> However, in grad school we were made aware of studies
> which demonstrated that electronic copy was much more straining
> and tiring to read than hard copy. Unfortunately, I do not
> remember the authors of these studies, but I agree with
> the conclusion from my own experience. Isn't this still an
> accepted tenet? I prefer reading paper copy, and would
> probably insist on the same as the reviewers above.

I prefer to edit and review documents on paper rather than on the monitor.
It's easier to read paper documents (more dpi than on the monitor). Online
reviewing doesn't allow me to flip back and forth between pages to compare
paragraphs. When I review paper documents, I move away from the computer, lean
back in the chair, and rest my feet on an opened bottom drawer of my desk. I
like to believe that this change of position is helping me avoid repetitive
stress injuries.

Sue Ellen Adkins
sea -at- netcom -dot- com