Resume Scanning

Subject: Resume Scanning
From: George Allaman <gallama -at- LOOKOUT -dot- ECTE -dot- USWC -dot- USWEST -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 12:25:57 -0700

On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, Bob Morrisette wrote:

> Put a section called Key Word Summary just under your name and
> address and include all the buzz words you can think of that
> pertain to your situation. Resumes that do not contain enough
> key words will not be seen by human eyes.

I know this must be good advice, but something puzzles me. If you can
think of a keyword that should be listed, why wouldn't it already be in
the body of the resume somewhere? Can you give me an example? I have a
feeling this is a stupid question - please humor me.

|George Allaman | |
|Tech Writer | <clever, meaningful |
|Denver, Colorado | quip which somehow |
|Office (303) 624-1619 | summarizes my life |
|Home (303) 771-8060 | philosophy> |
|Alternate: georgea -at- csn -dot- net | |
|---> New address as of 1/2/95: gallama -at- uswest -dot- com <---|