Employment Opportunity--IL

Subject: Employment Opportunity--IL
From: Janet Renze <Jlrcgn -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 15:40:51 -0500

Dear fellow techwhirlers--
I am aggressively looking for one or more tech writers to join the company I
work for
here in Peoria, IL. Not my dream town either, but before you delete this
message please at least consider the position or refer someone who is
looking....
First I'll give you the "corporate definition", then my own slant.
Corporate Overview
CGN & Associates is a provider of Strategic Technology Resources and
Products. As a
technology consulting organization we provide major corporations with the
following technology
related services and solutions
7 Technology Integration and Systems Consulting
7 Custom Software Development
7 Technical Staffing Solutions
7 Multimedia Reference and Training

Current Opportunities
CGN & Associates is currently looking for technical writers and information
developers
to fill a range of positions in all our service areas. All positions are
permanent,
full-time, and located in Peoria, IL.

Positions require a bachelor s degree and some experience in technical
writing. For some
positions, a master s degree is preferable. Candidates should have excellent
communication
and organization skills, be motivated and resourceful problem solvers, and be
able to
perform in a fast paced, high growth environment. Knowledge of MS Word,
Windows 95,
Doc-to-Help, HTML, and graphics packages are helpful.

Benefits
As part of our consulting team, you will experience a dynamic,
entrepreneurial, growth
environment. You will find CGN & Associates a challenging and exciting
company. CGN &
Associates offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that
includes medical and dental insurance, 401K, tuition and professional
development
reimbursement, and profit bonus programs.
"My side of the story..."
We are a small company (about 50 people distributed between 3 locations--IL,
MI, NC)
and recently spun-off from our parent company (which mainly did engineering
consulting).
The majority of our work in Peoria is custom software development--which
needs
user guides, help files, etc. We are also trying to develop some internal
software development
standards and documentation (a la ISO 9000). In addition we are working on
all the
materials a new company needs--marketing pieces, employee manual, .....

At the moment I am the only writer for the group and have sufficiently
convinced the
team that there is significant need for more documentation people. Because
everyone's roles are loosely defined, potential candidates are welcome to
"pitch"
themselves based on what they most want to do! For instance, when
I joined this past spring, I wanted to do WWW pages and user guides. I made
my case
for employment based on those and other roles I envisioned, and ended up
working
on whole host of additional projects from proposals to marketing materials to
recruiting.

In the near term we really need someone to help with documenting software
that is
in the early stages of development (where you can have a big impact!) and
ideally
someone who is good with graphics (developing and manipulating). There is a
ton of
room for growth, though, as we are expanding rapidly both in terms of
projects and
personnel, moving to a new location in the Riverfront Development district,
and
acquiring new contracts with local businesses for documentation projects.

What I'm really saying is that if you're willing to seek out projects and set
priorities,
(we have too much to do!!), develop contacts within the local area (I have
several of my own
contracts through CGN & Assoc with Caterpillar to do manuals, WWW sites,
etc),
and would like to chart your own course for success, give me a call!

I can be reached at
Janet Renze
CGN & Associates | 415 SW Washington | Peoria, IL 61602
309.672.6400 x310 | 309.672.2400 fax | email: jlrcgn -at- aol -dot- com

Thanks for reading and hope my company can offer employment to more
tech communicators soon!
Janet