Re: PCMCIA cards

Subject: Re: PCMCIA cards
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 08:32:15 PST

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995 01:31:33 -0500 you wrote:

>Okay, I'm changing channels here. Someone told me that it's okay
>to call PCMCIA cards simply "PC cards" now. It certainly is
>easier. Anybody else heard this yet?

>Nope.. but I can't see it being correct. An expansion card for a PC is also
known as a PC card.. You heard anything Matt?

Nada. I can see it being a pseudo-logical contraction though. Granted,
standard ISA/VESA/PCI-type cards can also be called "PC cards", but I can't
say as I've actually ever heard them referred to as such.

I suppose a term such a "notebook" or "laptop" might be useable (notebook
modem, laptop ethernet, etc.) although not entirely accurate...

How about it, gang... can we Whilrlers come up with an offical ad-hoc addition
to the Computer Jargon Dictionary? :-)

Your friend and mine,
Matt Ion
---*** NOTE: Windows 95 Fixpack now available! ***---
See for more info!

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Next Level
Productions, or anyone else of sound mind from this planet or dimension!

Previous by Author: Re: the Queen's English
Next by Author: Re: Tech Writer's test
Previous by Thread: Re: PCMCIA cards
Next by Thread: Re: PCMCIA cards

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads