Re: PCMCIA cards

Subject: Re: PCMCIA cards
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 16:31:16 GMT

-> > Okay, I'm changing channels here. Someone told me that it's okay
-> > to call PCMCIA cards simply "PC cards" now. It certainly is
-> > easier. Anybody else heard this yet?

-> I would definitely _not_ do that. To me "PC card" means any card or
-> board that goes in a slot on an IBM-PC-compatible computer. If PCMCIA
-> can be shortened into something other than PC, I wouldn't protest.

Nevertheless, as of Windows 95, "PC card" is now the 'official' way to
refer to PCMCIA (People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms)
cards, for self-evident reasons <g>

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
http://www.mustang.com ftp://ftp.mustang.com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500