Re: Engineerspeak (was: an observation about writing)

Subject: Re: Engineerspeak (was: an observation about writing)
From: "Anita Z. Fite" <AJFite -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 00:36:12 -0500

Hi, all.

Responding to Matt Hicks, Sue Gallagher suggested a programmer would write:

"The setting of the sun has been ridden off into by the hero."

Perhaps. B

ut the engineer would write:

"The hero traversed in a westerly direction, at a constant velocity,
utilizing

a source of equine locomotion, moving towards the point at which the solar
body appeared to be making contact with the sky-ground interface."

Although, I have to admit I'm not sure the engineer would use the word
"hero." Surely, there's a handy acronym around somewhere!

Sincerely,
Anita Z. Fite