Re: Project estimates

Subject: Re: Project estimates
From: Kris Olberg <KJOlberg -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 15:39:16 -0500

In a message dated 95-12-21 13:11:41 EST, srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG (Richard Mateosian)
writes:

>>Does anyone have any information on estimating headcount for a User Manual?

Hours per page can vary quite a bit. Do you have any data to look back on at
all? If not, I'd suggest using anywhere from 3 to 6 hours per page depending
on complexity of subject and audience. Other factors you can look at include:
experience level of writers, experience level of SMEs, number of times team
has worked together, age of the technology involved in the subject, etc.

Treat learning curve for writers separately. Do this by treating education
hours as a separate task from the writing. Good luck!

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com