Re: Project estimates

Subject: Re: Project estimates
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 04:38:20 -0800

>In a message dated 95-12-21 13:11:41 EST, srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG (Richard Mateosian)
>writes:

>>>Does anyone have any information on estimating headcount for a User Manual?

This is an example of why it is inadvisable, and often rude, to use software
that throws in the name of the poster at the beginning of your reply.

Yes, I posted a message of which the above was the first line. However, if
you'll note the number of ">" characters at the beginning of the line,
you'll see that I was quoting someone else.

When you attribute the snivet to me, it makes it look as if I were the one
asking the question. In fact, the point of my post was that the question was
naive and not likely to lead to useful information. Naturally I resent being
accused of posting it. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro