Re: hyphenating email

Subject: Re: hyphenating email
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 09:55:30 -0800

I think Al's point was that if you write "email" without a
>hyphen, you then should write "epub", "etext", "ezine",
>"enote", "ecafe", "eletter", "efriend", and so on, for
>consistency.

All of these other terms combined aren't used 5% as often as email. If any
of them becomes as commonly used as email, it should be spelled solid too.
...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro