Re: Certification Redux (short)

Subject: Re: Certification Redux (short)
From: Mercedes Abels <maa5906 -at- GRIFFON -dot- MWSC -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 01:43:50 -0600

I think Bonnie has hit the nail on the head. Our publications department
is considered necessary from a legal standpoint, but not from an economic
one. Writers are seldom included in the mix when decisions are made, we
learn about changes in the units after one has been shipped and we
discover is doesn't have placards that conform to the information we were
given during the writing process. Or placards that should be identical
from one unit to another are not, because they were not cleared through a
central place in publications.

We are viewed as a necessary evil almost. It sometimes makes it very hard
to do the job right.

Marci