Re: Cert, licensing and experience

Subject: Re: Cert, licensing and experience
From: Stuart Reynolds <reynolds -at- IC -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 16:31:17 -0500

On Tuesday, December 26, 1995 3:21 PM, Tim Altom[SMTP:taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET] =
wrote:

>but
>as a businessperson. I can both buy and sell a certification. And I =
>would
>frankly like to hear from other owners and managers in this group. I'm =
>so
>strongly convinced of the marketability of a certificate that if STC =
>doesn't
>institute one within the next year or so, our company will begin =
>training
>and certifying our own people. I'd prefer that it be more general, but =

>will see that it is done in our area.

But Tim, don't you think that in-house" certification, will be biased as =
to what *you* believe is justifiable as a *test*, on which to base an =
opinion of someone's abilities? In fact, a "more general" STC =
sanctioned *testing board* again, would be subjective, as to the persons =
which came up with the test format. Just because they say it is so, may =
go either way, for a client or employers' particular needs... I can =
understand the thoughts behind certification, but there aren't really, =
much in the way of *yard sticks* by which to measure this profession. =
so, on what *objects*, would you base your test for certification. This =
is just a question of interest and not a *put down*, in case you misread =
the intent.

Stui
---------
reynolds -at- ic -dot- net
First Impression Graphics
web page design & implementation
tech writing, creative concepts, graphic design,=20
DTP, exhibition graphics,packaging solutions